Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things

Lately I have been trying to put an extra emphasis in my life on all the “favorites” I have.  I have found that when I start feeling down all I have to do is put on some of my favorite music and mentally list all the great and wonderful things in my life both big and small. Part of being mortal and living in this world is going through trials. When you find yourself in the midst of one you feel as though you’re the only one, but that’s not true, everyone in this world goes through hardships. But one thing I have learned is that just because you’re going through a hardship does not mean you have to be miserable. It’s a myth! I have come across plenty of stories of people who go through immensely difficult times, but yet are still able to smile and see the good in the world. I know that my struggles are small compared to so many but they are mine regardless, and I refuse to surrender my happiness. I plan on remaining happy for the rest of my days! Happy because no matter what comes I will always have my list of “favorites” that will Always put a smile on my face! So here is a little glimpse into the life of Katie Hanson …
My favorites:
-clean uplifting music with a good beat, because I always feel better when I’m dancing
-watching Landon sleep
-Dancing as a family in the living room
-Laughing so hard that my eyes tear up
-my hair, because it takes all of 1 minute to do
-feeling beautiful, which has been a consistent feeling ever since my sweet love entered my life
-reading books with Landon
-Finishing The Book of Mormon
-my marriage
-butterscotch chips
- piano music
-knowing that I will never be alone, I will always have my Savior to lean on
-I get to spend immortality with my best friend
-being a mom
-hot pink, just looking at that color makes me feel better
-talking to my mom for hours
-going on dates
-baking yummy food
Thank you Sound of Music!

2 comments:

Ethan & Katie said...

Your my favorite! I love you sweetie:)

-Ethan

Amy Turner said...

Katie is one of my favorite things too! I would also have to double check butterscotch chips. But dont buy the store brand ones because they taste like wax only buy nestle.Its soo worth the extra 20 cents.