 |
| First picture of us |
5 years ago today Ethan called me up to see if I would like to ride with him to institute that night. It was a Thursday afternoon, I was home for a month from college looking to have a good time on my break. Ethan and I had not seen each other since the last time I was home, which was during Christmas break, he had just returned home from his 2 year mission in South Korea and nothing more then a polite "Hi, How are you?" was exchanged. Through facebook Ethan had learned that I was back in Kentucky that May day. I did not know Ethan well, but knew enough about him that I was not surprised by his invitation to ride to institute, we lived in the same neighborhood and he was the kid of guy that was always thinking of others and how to be helpful. Regardless of what his intentions were that day, I was excited and a little nervous, it was a 30 minute ride to institute, with someone I had not had a real conversation with in 4 years, but who I thought had a gorgeous smile and beautiful blue eyes. I still remember the outfit I wore that night and the way he looked when I came down the stairs to meet him at my front door. There was definitely an attraction on both parts, as my mom witnessed "you could just tell from the way Ethan was watching you walk down the stairs the he thought you were pretty." On our drive to institute he had a beautiful church CD playing while we enjoyed some small talk. During institute a girl who had her sights on Ethan actually sat in between us. Which just made me laugh to myself. Afterwards we enjoyed some Derby pie, Ethan chatted with friends while I stood awkwardly waiting for him, not really interested in talking to anyone else. Then on the drive home we realized that both of us had not seen the latest "Work and the Glory" movie so he invited me over to watch it with him. That night I made the best decision of my life, when he leaned in to kiss me, for the first time in my life I decided to kiss back. And with that, my fate was sealed. We've been inseparable ever since that first kiss. By Tuesday we were making arrangements to get married in the Louisville Temple. We were married 3 months later on August 3rd, 2007!
In last 5 years we have grown a lot as a couple. Honestly, we barely knew each other when we made the decision to get married. But we knew enough, we knew each others dreams and aspirations, we knew each others big mistakes and big triumphs, but most importantly we both knew that our dedication to the gospel of Jesus Christ was most important in our individual lives. I'm glad we did not hesitate to get married, everything about our relationship has always felt so natural, almost as if we were meant to be, as if soul mates really do exist...
Happy 5 years to us!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment