Monday, March 5, 2012

mothering 7

Last weekend I had the wonderful opportunity to watch these 3 cuties plus 4 more. My cousin and his wife went on a little weekend retreat and so Ethan and I stayed at their house and got to pretend to be the parents of 7 in a big beautiful home. And I have to admit it was actually a lot of fun. When I got back home everything seemed so small and quiet. I'm excited to add some more noise come May! And to hopefully have a big family of my own someday :) It always amazes me how much you can learn by simply spending a few days in someone else's shoes. Like I never knew how nice a huge bed could be, I always thought I would be queen size girl, but I fell in love with the space of a King size! One night we ended up with the 2 youngest in our bed and I was able to still sleep soundly, not too shabby if I do say so. I also learned that with 9 people one batch of chocolate chip cookies just was not enough. I also realized that I do like mini vans, I secretly really enjoyed driving their Honda...haha! I'm such a Mom!

My little man is your typical nonstop questioning 3-year-old and lately he's been asking "Are you my Mommy?" all the time, at least once a day we have a whole conversation about how and why I am his Mommy. Well the other it occurred to me that maybe with all my physical changes he is just wants to make sure its really his Mommy in that big woman suit. So I asked why he keeps asking if I am his Mommy, I asked him if it was because I was getting big and fat and didn't look like his Mommy. In the most sweet voice he said "No you're not big and fat, you're just perfect because you're my Mommy!" Amazingly, this stopped the Mommy question for a couple of days at least. I wish sometimes I could open up his little mind and see the reasoning behind all the questions, I feel like he's looking for something specific and is going to keep asking different things until he gets the answer he's looking for. I just wish I was better at figuring out what exactly he was looking for.

In other news, I'm in my 3rd Trimester!!! Yahoooooo!!! Now that my doctor appointments are every 2 weeks I know the time is going to by a lot faster :)

No comments: