Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Month of June

On to the month of June, which was another fun-filled month!
Summers really are so great!

Gonda Family Reunion
The first weekend in June we spent in Plano, Texas at my parents house with my family. Nate & Jayme flew in from Louisville, KY and John, Ann & Annabel flew in Reno, NV. It was a lot of fun!
 Here Landon is being read bedtime stories by his Grandma. :)
Such sweet moments!

The family waiting to go to church together. It was great being able to go to a Fast and testimony meeting together as a whole family. I really enjoyed hearing  my older brother and Father bare testimony of the beautiful blessing of eternal families. I am so grateful to be sealed to my family for eternity!

While we were all together we took family pictures!
Back row: Jayme, Nathan, Landon, Ethan, Katie, Ann, John
Front row: Nick, Mom (Annabel, John's daughter on lap of Mom) and Dad



The Men! :)
I am so grateful to have such wonderful men in my life!
I just love them all too pieces!

 The Parents
Quick tribute to my parents, I just think they are the greatest! My life has been wonderful since day one and I know most of it is due to wonderfulness of my parents! Who are also pretty awesome Grandparents. I'm so grateful they taught me the truths of the Gospel and love me unconditionally!

Us!

Overall the Gonda Reunion was great! We didn't take many pictures with our own camera, hence the lack of photos from the trip. It was a short visit, but so fun. One of the days we spent at the Fort Worth Zoo, which was pretty incredible!
Thanks to Mom and Dad for hosting and organizing!


Girls Camp
Me and my co-leader, she was great!
We had a blast together I felt like a young woman all over again and had a blast!

Here is a pic of most of the group leaders.
As some of you know I have the awesome opportunity to work with the youth at my church. I love spending time with the young women and absolutely love my calling! I had a great time getting know the girls better at camp and watching their testimonies grow. What an amazing group of girls we have in this church!

I have to pay special tribute to my mother-in-law for being so kind as to come and watch my little man for me while I was away. I was gone for 5 days, which was the longest I had ever been away from him. I was so grateful to have Karen take care of him (and my husband). She even surprised me with a few gifts for my home and vehicles. What an immense help she was for me!

Ethan's mom flew into Kansas City and on their way to drop her off at the airport they stopped at the construction site of the Kansas City Temple. It's not a great picture, as it was taken by a phone, but you can get the gist of how big and beautiful it is already! I can not wait to see the finish project! We are all very excited! To learn more about temples click: Mormon temples


 Brian Peers makes a Pit Stop
here is Brian's blog of his adventures click: sea2jax
Brian is a friend from Ethan's LG&E days in Kentucky. He took on the incredible adventure of bicycling across the USA, starting in Seattle, WA and finishing in Jacksonville,FL. We were lucky enough to be right on his route and be able to allow him a couple of days of rest at our place. It was a lot of fun talking to him about all his adventures and our trip to England to visit him ;).



My little Picasso


Ok so many he's no prodigy when it comes to painting, but he loves it and I love watching him love it!He painted all the pictures drying on the table. He asks to paint a lot, which is oh so fun!

No comments: